Gov. Jerry Brown has announced reappointments to the 21st District Agricultural Association, Madera District Fair Board of Directors. The positions do not require Senate confirmation, and there is no compensation.
These reappointments include:
• Rosanne Bonilla, 59, of Madera. She has served since 2012. Bonilla has been a real estate broker and office manager at Nora and Associates Realty since 1994. She is a member of the Madera Association of Realtors, St. Joachim’s Parish Council, Madera Beautification Committee and the Madera District Fair Heritage Foundation. She is a Democrat.
• Billie Jelks-Hood, 74, of Madera. She has served since 2012. Jelks-Hood was a financial program control analyst at FMC Corporation from 1985 to 2008. She is a member of the National Women’s Political Caucus, National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, Madera County Democratic Club, Fresno County Democratic Women’s Club and the University of California Cooperative Extension, Master Gardeners of Fresno County. Jelks-Hood is a lifetime member of Black Women Organized for Political Action.
• Lois Leonard, 59, of Madera. She has served since 2006. Leonard has been business assistance office manager at the Madera County Economic Development Commission since 2002. She was a bookkeeper at Vineyard Growers Supply from 1997 to 2007, worship leader at the Harvest Community Church from 2000 to 2008, office manager at Conifer Paper from 1987 to 1991 and a customer service representative at Inland Container from 1982 to 1986. Leonard is a member of the Philanthropic Educational Organization, Chapter VO. She is a Republican.
• Patricia Manfredi, 67, of Madera. She has served since 2005. Manfredi was executive director at Ronald McDonald House Charities of the Central Valley, Inc., from 1999 to 2010. She was a member of the Madera County Board of Supervisors from 1996 to 1998, executive director of Central California Ministries, Inc., from 1992 to 1996 and owner of the Confectionery from 1986 to 1991. Manfredi is a member of the Madera District Fair Heritage Foundation. She is a Republican.
• Stephanie Simonian, 63, of Madera. She has served since 2016. Simonian has been vice president of 47th Place Carpet and Linoleum Inc. since 1984. She is a member of the Oakhurst Community Center, Oakhurst Sierra Rotary Club and Oakhurst Area Chamber of Commerce. She is a Democrat.