Pom Fest hitting Madera on Saturday
Wendy Alexander/The Madera Tribune File Photo
Maria and Carolina Gomez buy pomegranates during the 2021 Pomegranate, Fruit & Nut Festival hosted by the Madera Chamber of Commerce at the Madera District Fair. This year's event is on Saturday.
The Madera Chamber of Commerce will host its 11th annual Madera Pomegranate, Fruit & Nut Festival on Saturday from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. at the Madera District Fairgrounds.
Admission and parking are free at this family fun event.
The unique happening features a day filled with delicious pomegranate products, specialties from local nut vendors, music, and the always popular, chef-led, cooking demonstrations to learn more about all things pomegranate, discover educational seminars on harvesting arils and juices. Crowd-goers have a chance to get in on the fun by showing off their skills at the seeding competition.
“We’re celebrating what Madera does best: agriculture, fun times, and delicious food. November is National Pomegranate Month, and we’re ready to celebrate. We hope everyone will come out and join us,” said Debi Bray, president, and CEO of the Madera Chamber of Commerce.
In addition to the festival highlights of pomegranate-and-nut-inspired foods, products, and cooking demonstrations attendees will enjoy:
• Ohana Comic Con — Comic book and popular culture fans have something to celebrate as the Ohana Comic Con will return to this year’s festival. A costume contest will be held in the afternoon. (No admission fee.) All-day.
• Live Music by Jaded (1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
• A dazzling, classic car show. (No admission fee.) All-day.
• The Kids’ Zone — with inflatable fun, games, and pony rides. (No admission fee.) All-day
• Muay Thai Boxing Competition, hosted by Madera Mixed Martial Arts — Muay Thai, also known as Thai Boxing is a martial art/combat sport that originated in Thailand. Participants of all ages from throughout the region will be competing. (Admission fee applies.) All-day.
• Heart of California Streetwear Expo, an event hosted by TheComeupKickz and Valleystealz. Will offer a variety of streetwear ranging anywhere from shoes, jerseys, vintage, and much more.
• Bernard Berrian. Former wide receiver for the Chicago Bears and the Minnesota Vikings.
• Plus, more than 90 vendors of arts, crafts, and so much more.
Festival Chairperson, Nicki Rincon commented, “This event is a little slice of Americana, and recognizes the harvest season in the best way — with good friends, good music, and awesome food, grown right here in Madera County!”
The Pomegranate Fruit and Nut Festival is organized by the Madera Tourism Alliance, a committee of the Madera Chamber of Commerce. To learn more about the festival, visit www.PomegranateFestival.com orwww.Facebook.com/PomegranateFestival, or call the Madera Chamber of Commerce at 673-3563.