MID announces naming contest
The Madera Irrigation District needs your help.
As many may know, the MID owns a piece of property commonly referred to as the “Madera Ranch.” This property is located in southwest Madera County, approximately four miles southwest of the City of Madera. MID purchased the property in 2005 and continues to own and operate the approximately 10,900 acres of grazing land.
As part of the MID’s rebranding effort over recent years, MID needs the community’s assistance in renaming this property. The MID is looking to the residents of Madera County to contribute to the process as a community effort. And, even better, they can win a cash prize of $500 while helping MID.
MID asks that one submits a name for consideration, along with a brief explanation as to why the MID should choose this name. The MID will not consider names of individuals when naming this property as they are looking for a title that reflects the entire community of Madera, the property itself, and/or the significance of MID. For more information on the MID, please visit www.madera-id.org.
Rules and Submission Requirements:
• The contest is open to Madera County residents.
• No group submissions are allowed; only one participant may submit each name.
• Participants may submit up to two entries and must complete an entry form and release for each.
• The Madera Irrigation District reserves the right to extend all deadlines associated with this contest to ensure that a sufficient number of entries are received.
• All submitted names must be original. No trademarked or copyrighted names may be used.
• No naming of project after individuals
• By submitting an entry, the participant agrees that the Madera Irrigation District will become the rightful owner of the name, and may alter it at its discretion.
• Incomplete information, including the failure to fully complete and sign the Entry Form and the Assignment & Release Form, will disqualify the entry.
• The final name for the project chosen by the District as the contest winner will receive a prize of $500.
• Participants must provide a brief written explanation for choosing the name.
• Judging decisions are final and may not be appealed.
• The District reserves the right to accept none, one, or more than one name(s) as the contest winner.
• If multiple entries submit the same winning name, the cash prize will be divided evenly amongst those with the same winning name.
• The deadline for entries is Monday, Sept. 13 at 4 p.m. Entries received after the deadline will not be accepted.
For information, contact Andrea Sandoval at firstname.lastname@example.org or 673- 3514.