There is more to Yosemite than hiking, biking and all the adventurous activities in January. Local Madera businesses will celebrate California Restaurant Month the entire month of January, announced Therese Williams, Director of Public Relations and Sales for Visit Yosemite Madera County.
“Madera Restaurant Month is an incredible opportunity to take advantage of some of most authentic culinary experiences in our destination, not available at any other time of the year,” Williams said. “January is also a great time to get hotel deals and experience the diversity of what our destination offers, from hiking to wine tasting.”
The restaurants participating are: Erna’s Elderberry Houose at Chateau du Sureau in Oakhurst, Vineyard Restaurant and Bar in Madera, South Gate Brewing Company in Oakhurst, Ducey’s on the Lake at Bass Lake and the Mountain Room at Yosemite Valley Lodge in Yosemite National Park.
• Erna’s Elderberry House at Chateau du Sureau — Enjoy a special visit to the exquisite 5-Star Erna’s Elderberry House and enjoy a three-course menu, $48 per person, (regular $75 per person) by the award winning Chef Rob. Available in January. Reservations are recommended by calling 683-6800
• The Vineyard Restaurant and Bar — The wine country atmosphere is casual yet elegant, in a relaxing and beautiful setting. The Vineyard is a restaurant that has stood the test of time, and you’ll see why generations of families have chosen the Vineyard Restaurant their favorite place to eat. Chef Ian prepared a three course meal for $21 plus tax & gratuity. Choice of Pastas made in house: The Vineyard’s Signature lasagna, meat ravioli, mhicken marbonara, vegetable pasta. Each served with a green salad with house dressing and an almond polenta cake for dessert
• South Gate Brewing Company — Brewmaster, Rick Boucke, at South Gate Brewing in Oakhurst introduced a yuzu IPA for California Restaurant Month. This brew is made with a yuzu puree. Yuzu is a tart citrus fruit that resembles the cross between a grapefruit and a mandarin orange. It’s very popular in East Asia because of it’s unique, delicious flavor.
• Ducey’s on the Lake — Executive Chef Johnathan Frabotta, will prepare a California Restaurant Month special “Three-Course Dinner.” The special includes: fresh salad, Harris Ranch filet mignon and dessert, paired with a glass of local house wine at $30.
• Mountain Room at Yosemite Valley Lodge — Yosemite Hospitality is celebrating California Restaurant Month with a special three-course meal at the Mountain Room at the Yosemite Valley Lodge. The special includes: “Shrimp-Tini cocktail,” a new twist on a classic, with chipotle aioli, tortilla strips and pico de gall, roasted free range chicken with aztec blend rice, roasted tomatoes and zucchini, chicken jus, chocolate cake, classic, yet decadent for $40.
Madera Restaurant Month is part of the ninth annual California Restaurant Month, designated by Visit California. A record number of 40 destination partners are participating this year, each with distinct programming, festivals or experiences.
“California’s ever-evolving food culture and innovative culinary offerings makes it the perfect destination during our ninth annual California Restaurant Month,” said Visit California President and CEO Caroline Beteta. “Communities across the state will showcase their dining highlights, serving up the best dishes and celebrations from Mendocino to San Diego.”
For more information about California Restaurant Month, visit www.yosemitethisyear.com.