Due to the federal government shutdown and limited National Park Service staffing in Yosemite National Park, the following information has been released:
• Visitor services in Yosemite are limited, especially trash removal and restrooms.
• Lodging, dining, retail stores, and other Yosemite hospitality services are open.
• Yosemite ski and snowboard areas are open.
During the holiday period, Yosemite Valley traffic is heavy during peak times. Visitors are advised to come in early or later in the afternoon to avoid expected traffic delays.
• Mariposa Grove is currently closed.
• No dogs are allowed on trails.
• Porta Potties have been installed at Wawona and Chinquapin (at the road to Glacier Point/Yosemite ski and snowboard area).
• Stop at the Visit Yosemite Madera County Visitor Center for maps. The center is located at 40343 Highway 41, Oakhurst.