For The Madera Tribune
Walmart Store Manager Julio Segura presents Ryan McWherter of the Madera County Food Bank with a check for $2,500 on Nov. 2.
Madera’s Walmart has been remodeled as part of an improvement initiative in its stores.
Customers will enjoy the following store improvements, according to store manager Julio Segura.:
• State-of-the-art electronics department with interactive displays that allow customers to try laptops, tablets, mobile phones and more before purchase
• Enhanced home and apparel departments with a new layout
•Enhanced baby department with easier access to everyday essentials like diapers and formula
• Upgraded pharmacy with private consultation room and additional service lanes
• New, stand-alone or refreshed Walmart MoneyCenter
• Pickup Today refreshed, moved to the front for easier access
• A larger assortment of industrial and power tools in hardware
• Newly polished concrete floors
“We are ready to welcome our customers into our newly renovated supercenter,” said Segura. “Remodeling the store is a part of our continuing commitment to the community and to better serve our customers and their shopping experience.”
Walmart is committed to serving Madera and will support the following local organizations through $4,000 in grants to: Madera Rescue Mission, Madera County Food Bank and Toys for Tots, said Segura..
The store employs up to 250 associates for full- and part-time positions within the store. Applicants interested in careers at Walmart can apply at a store’s hiring kiosk or online at Walmartcareers.com. At Walmart, associates have access to competitive wages, affordable benefits, and the chance to build a career. More than 75 percent of store management teams started as hourly associates and 40 percent of those promotions went to associates within the first year of their employment.
Each week, nearly 265 million customers and members visit Walmart’s more than 11,200 stores under 55 banners in 27 countries and eCommerce websites.
With fiscal year 2018 revenue of $500.3 billion, Seguro said, Walmart employs over 2.2 million associates worldwide. Walmart continues to be a leader in sustainability, corporate philanthropy and employment opportunity. Additional information about Walmart can be found by visiting http://corporate.walmart.com, on Facebook at http://facebook.com/walmart and on Twitter at http://twitter.com/walmart.