If I had to select just one word to describe how it feels to be graduating from Madera South on June 1, it would be “proud.” Proud to be a Stallion. At MSHS, there are always various things to take pride in but in this article I would like to share with you some from just these past few weeks.
If you have not already heard from your neighbor or seen on social media, a video of our last rally held in order to recognize our spring athletes went viral. The video, which shows Emil Emanuel, a senior at Madera South, starting off the rally with an amazing performance received 41.4K likes and 16.7k retweets on twitter! It was also liked and shared by various well-known Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook accounts with many followers (including Kendall Jenner).
Madera South seniors took a trip to Valencia to celebrate Grad Nite at Six Flags Magic Mountain on May 18. They were able to enjoy lots of rides and dance till their feet hurt because they had untill 5am! The seniors also received a souvenir, buffet dinner, and a free return pass to Hurricane Harbor water park!
We take pride in the hard work and dedication from our staff and students! I would like to shout out to a few different groups.
• Madera FFA hosted an amazing spring awards banquet this week.
• Our guitar students received “Superior” at the guitar festival.
• Many of our students received the “CA Seal of Biliteracy”.
• Four of our club advisors were rewarded for their service; congratulations to Mr. Mena, Mrs. Ahrabian, Mr. Madrigal, and Mrs.Vander Laan. Your hard work is very much appreciated.
• Our Stallion Key Club did phenomenal this year. They were honored with many awards at the yearly division banquet for their community service.
The class of 2017 is graduating on June 1, and will take on the next chapter in life. Many of our students are attending colleges such as San Francisco State, UC Santa Barbara, Fresno State, UC Berkeley, Madera Community, UC Monterrey, and numerous other colleges. Some will join the military and proudly serve our country. But no matter what they’ve decided to do, they will always be proud Stallions.
It has been an honor to share the great things that happened at Madera South through The Madera Tribune this year. I had a great experience doing so, and cannot wait to join you all and hear about the awesome things this school accomplishes next school year.