All comments are edited for length and content. Because of content and space limitations some comments may not be published. More than one comment from the same person in the same weekwill normally not be published. Please keep your calls to two minutes or less.
- A lady said, “farms are more important than the fast rail. The money for fast (high-speed) rail should be spent more wisely on other needs.”
- A man responded to the article “concerning sexual abuse of our students in our schools in California. I want to ask all the parents why we are accepting this from our schools? Why are we not up in arms demanding excellence? If this was the Catholic Church they (parents) would go even farther, even suing the church. Priests are taken out of dioceses. Why are we not doing the same with our teachers?”
- “I’m calling in regards to the Madera casino,” began a woman. “I feel this will bring jobs and better opportunities to Madera. I support the casino. The people that don’t support it do not care about Madera, our roads, or our businesses. The money from other casinos goes to Fresno and never comes to Madera. We get nothing out of it.”
- Another lady said, “Our family stands up for this casino. It will mean lots of jobs. Stop being so negative and support Madera.”
- A person called about the paper’s coverage of “Madera Coyote football. Maybe you guys should put more in about the JV and freshman teams in the paper. The freshman team was 9-1.”
- A woman read in another paper “about the Coyote boys soccer team and how great they’re doing. I looked in the Tribune to see what they had to say. Nothing. It is so sad. I don’t understand why you stopped reporting on the Coyotes.”
- A man asked, “if you are walking your dog, please, please pick up your dog’s poop. Come on folks, pick it up.”
- A person asked “if there are any proofreaders left at The Madera Tribune. The front page says woman stuck, instead of struck.”
Thank you for your calls. Remember the Red Line is open for your messages 24 hours a day by calling 674-4478.