All comments are edited for length and content. Because of content and space limitations some comments may not be published. More than one comment from the same person in the same week will normally not be published. If your message contains profanity it will not be used. Please keep your calls to two minutes or less.
- Comments from one who appreciates road improvements: “To the local ... who called about the Pine Street-Howard Road railroad crossing. Patience, jeez, three days? Now you have a fine, fine crossing. You can back up safely now.”
- And more such thoughts: “I was just looking in the newspaper, and some people sure complained about the repair of the railroad crossing at Pine being closed for a while. Sure it’s an inconvenience for a while but the crossing sure is nice now. Thank you, railroad.”
- A fan of Coate and Emo: “I would like you to mention in the Red Line, the tribute to Leon Emo by Bill Coate was wonderful. I do admire the articles by both of these men. They are such good writers for The Madera Tribune. Keep up the good work.”
- Comment on a letter to the editor by Brent Fernandes published last Wednesday: “Kudos to Brent Fernandes. I don’t think anybody could have said it better about this Tracy Kennedy Desmond. If she had kept her staff she had that all had over 23 to 28 years experience maybe they wouldn’t be behind now. And now there’s still another one quitting the office. Something needs to be done. Somebody run against Tracy Kennedy Desmond and again kudos to Brent Fernandes.”
- A comment on county cleanup, or lack thereof: “I have a squawk today on the help clean up Madera County ad in the classifieds. It should have read ‘Communism 101. How to turn in members of your family, or former friends, boyfriends, exes, mothers you despise.’ I have found these to be all personal disputes and turn-ins since. I have proof of this. The trash and bones and carcasses of diseased animals are still on Santa Fe Drive. Nothing has been done since two months ago when I called in to report this. Madera County Communism 101. The only one who receives a fine is the property owner, who gets taken. Thank you. Merry Christmas.”
Thank you for your calls. Remember, the Red Line is open for your messages 24 hours a day by calling 674-4478.