All comments are edited for length and content. Because of content and space limitations some comments may not be published. More than one comment from the same person in the same week will normally not be published. Please keep your calls to two minutes or less.
- “When are they going to fix 4th Street?” said a woman. “They keep talking about it, but when are they going to fix it from the railroad to Lake Street?”
- A woman called to say “I support Rush Limbaugh. He tells it like it is. They want to take our tax money for a Georgetown University student, when she’s not in school, and have free sex. Why should I pay for her sex? Shame on our society.”
- “I can’t believe I actually agree with your very conservative editor, Mr. Chuck Doud,” began a lady. “Normally, I don’t even read his column, but the name Limbaugh caught my eye. I just wanted to say how much I agree totally with everything he said in his column of Tuesday, March 5. Way to go, Chuck Doud.”
- A man called “concerned about (Lions) Town & Country Park. Walking through here I’m watching my nephew pick up the trash. Maybe we ought to put a little more cash into cleaning up the park and a little more water in the pond where the ducks are. It would be more beautiful.”
- “Madera has it’s own blossom trail,” began a woman who gave directions. “Take Highway 99 south to Avenue 12. Go left to Road 35, turn left and go to Avenue 13, turn left and go back into town. Enjoy.”
- A man called in “about Republicans in Congress. I thought they were voted in for jobs, not abortions. What’s so big about abortions? We need jobs. Don’t need to talk about all that other stuff. And that other subject, the Catholic Church. What’s so important about them?”
- A man “wanted to change the subject from school board and casinos. I think some of the people here in Madera are lazy. I went to park in a spot at a grocery store and right in the middle was a shopping cart. No more than ten steps from a cart rack.”
- “Madera voted these jokers in,” said a man about the “current school board. Can’t we just vote them out? Scrap the whole plan and start over.”
- A woman gave her name said, “family and friends will often fail you. Animals, dogs and cats from the animal shelter will be your friend and family forever.”
- A lady responded to last week’s caller who said she was going to quit going to the Catholic Church because they turned her away on Ash Wednesday. “Do you go to the church because of your belief or do you go because they have good people skills?”
- “Regarding an article about the Chukchansi tribe,” said a woman. “I’d like to say our tribe paid the county $1 million a year for 10 years.” She mentioned paying for law enforcement and also “buying fire trucks and many other things. So before she (last week’s caller) says this she needs to get her facts straight.”
- “I’m calling the Red-hot Line,” began a lady. “I was at an assembly over at TJ (Thomas Jefferson Middle School) and I ended up going to the wrong gate. There was just a pile of garbage hanging out there. I asked my son what’s going on, and he said it was the weight room. It looks like a bunch of junk and an eyesore. It’s visible from Sunset (Avenue) and I’m just wondering if anyone is aware of this? I think TJ needs to clean up their garbage. Maybe the Tribune can go over and take a picture of that stuff and maybe see if it can go away.”
Thank you for your calls. Remember the Red Line is open for your messages 24 hours a day by calling 674-4478.