Madera Unified School District will continue to provide free nutritious meals during summer vacation for children in parks, community centers and schools.
The seamless summer feeding program, operated by the Child Nutrition Department in partnership with City of Madera Parks and Community Services Department, is set to distribute food from 11 to 11:30 a.m. Monday to Friday starting Tuesday and ending on Aug. 10.
Children ages 1 to 18 are eligible and must eat the food in the distribution area.
Feeding sites are:
- Sierra Vista Elementary School, 917 E. Olive Ave.
- Rotary Park, 930 Gateway Dr. (Behind Jack in the Box by tables and play area)
- Lions Town and Country Park, Granada Ave.
- Nishimoto Elementary School, 26460 Martin St.
- Pan-American Community Center, 703 E. Sherwood Way.
- James Madison Elementary School, 109 Stadium Rd.
- Parkwood Elementary School, 1150 E. Pecan Ave.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School, 601 Lilly St.
- John W. Wells Youth Center, 701 Flume St.