The Chowchilla Western Stampede Committee has selected Anderson Pump Co. as its 2013 grand marshall.
The company, founded in 1948 by E.L. “Andy” Anderson, was selected not only for its decades of support for the Chowchilla Western Stampede Committee but for ongoing support of the Chowchilla community.
Anderson Pump Co. initially was located on Hwy. 152. It moved to their current location on Robertson Boulevard in 1958. The company employs 50 staff members from Merced, Madera and Fresno counties.
Andy Anderson led the company until the mid-1980s when it was handed down to Leon Anderson, the current president and James “Jim” Smith, the current vice president of operations. Leon Anderson has been with the company since 1962 coming there after serving in the U.S. Air Force. Smith has also been with the company since the early 1960s. Partner Daniel Skeen came to Anderson Pump in 2003 and is the company vice president...