Serving the heart of California since 1892

The Madera Tribune

Man hurt in fire at house

Most newspaper content here is incomplete. Want it all? Sooner? Subscribe to our full print and online editions by calling (559) 674-4207 and get both for the price of one!

webmaster | 05/11/12
Author(s): 

A lit cigarette is thought to be the cause of a fire that partially damaged a home on the northeast corner of Ellis and Lake streets and injured a man, according to authorities.

Neighbors called 911 when they saw smoke coming from the back of the property.

A former resident was reportedly sleeping on the back patio of the house when the fire began about 6 p.m. Wednesday.

The man may have been drinking, according to emergency crews, and said he had possibly dropped a lit cigarette into his pile of belongings...

 

comments powered by Disqus