Man earns 3rd strike in robbery convictions

Note: Most newspaper content reprinted here is incomplete and delayed. Want it all? Sooner? You can subscribe to our full print and online editions by calling (559) 674-4207 and get both editions for the price of one!

webmaster | 09/19/13
Author(s): 

A jury found a Madera man guilty of two violent felony robbery counts last week, Madera County District Attorney Michael Keitz said, and because of his previous convictions he will face more than 60 years in state prison.

Jorge Lopez-Diaz, 26, was convicted for his crimes on March 10 of this year, when evidence showed he drove up to two Madera citizens, got out of his car, and demanded money from them, Keitz said.

After one of the citizens refused to surrender his wallet, Lopez-Diaz punched him in the face, took the wallet, then stole the other victim’s cell phone.

As he got back into his car, Madera police arrived and pursued Lopez-Diaz which resulted in his arrest shortly after...

 

comments powered by Disqus