If you are planning to host a Super Bowl party next month and you’re on the look-out for something hearty that can be picked up and eaten without cutlery, consider the versatile potato skin.
They are filling as well as delicious, and very few people dislike potatoes. If you add some bacon and cheese, they become even more irresistible (to most people, anyway). You can also fry or bake some potato wedges to serve.
As your guests gather around on game day, they will cheer even before a touchdown when you set down a platter of hot, stuffed potato skins or wedges. Save some for yourself before they’re all gone!
Potato skins with bacon, green onion and cheese
- 6 large russet potatoes, washed and dried
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 10 to 15 slices bacon (cooked until crisp and chopped)
- 3 to 4 cups Cheddar cheese, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 to 7 green onions, finely chopped
- Sour cream or barbecue sauce